- 100% online – perfect for working teachers
- Graduate in as few as 24 months
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Michigan endorsement option available to those who hold a valid Michigan certificate
- Affordable degree with financial aid available for those who qualify
Two path options:
- Graduate Degree: Students who want a Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education but are not planning to obtain the endorsement (ZS) will be awarded their degree upon successful completion of coursework. This is perfect for someone with a degree in another field – such as social work or psychology – who wants to work with young families and children.
- Degree and Endorsement: Students who are elementary-certified and hold a valid Michigan Certificate and plan to complete the endorsement (ZS) in Early Childhood Education must, upon completion of the program, pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification for Early Childhood.
The MAEC addresses two of the most important topics in early education today:
- Early Literacy – More than 1 in 3 children in the U.S. begin kindergarten without the tools they need to learn to read, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Literacy is a core focus of this curriculum, and teachers will learn the skills needed to ensure students are literate at an early age.
- Behavior Issues – The program prepares teachers to assist children who are struggling with self-regulation, address behavior issues and integrate behavior modification into the classroom. Special needs are often not identified in early childhood and the Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education can help teachers address and recognize special needs and developmental delays.
About Spring Arbor University
Spring Arbor University has served the educational needs and aspirations of students for more than 100 years. Today, we prepare students to realize their goals in a way that fits their lives with 70+ undergraduate and graduate degrees, 17 campus locations, as well as online options that can be completed from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Learn more today.
Simply complete the form on this page or call 1.844.641.2844 to learn more. But hurry; classes start soon!